Brisbane is one of the biggest cities in Queensland, Australia. It is the third-largest city in Australia. Brisbane has a population of 2.4 million people and is the most densely populated capital city in Australia. The city is also famously known as the “Sunshine City”.
Now, Brisbane may not always be deemed an engaging place to visit, but you couldn’t be more wrong. Brisbane is an immensely underrated city and truly deserves recognition. It hosts a collection of beautiful sites ranging all the way from cafés to campsites and that’s only the gist of it.
Visiting the city can be an absolute delight especially during the winters. The sunny days are likely to help you stay as energetic as ever while you wander all across the beautiful city. With that said, even if you’re visiting the city for the weekend, here are 15 things you must do.
Start Your Day with A Cup of Coffee at the Best Café in Brisbane
An Cafe is a favourite amongst locals and tourists alike. What’s special about the café is how they serve all sorts of authentic Vietnamese food and combine it with traditional everyday food items. For instance, their special Vietnamese Iced Coffee is undoubtedly a delight, owing to its authentic taste and smell. Some of the other items on the menu include Grilled Chicken Pho and a delectable Crispy Chicken Salad among many others.
- Address: Shop 1/738 Main St, Kangaroo Point QLD 4169, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 7 3161 0148
- Link: https://www.ancafe.com.au/
- Opening Hours: Tues-Sun 11:00 AM-2:30 PM and 5 PM-9 PM, closed on Mon
Listen to Live Music and Tuck into Food Truck Eats at Blooms & Tunes
Brisbane is a city that has a lot to offer. One of the best things about this city is that it has thriving live music. With that being said, Blooms & Tunes is a festival that has been happening for the past three years.
It is an event that caters well to all kinds of tastes, from indie rock to jazz and blues. The food trucks are also diverse, so there’s something for everyone to enjoy. For anyone who visits, it’s truly a must.
- Address: 1 Parkland Blvd, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
- Number: +61 1300 137 468
- Link: https://www.visitbrisbane.com.au/roma-street-parkland-and-spring-hill
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sun, Open 24 Hours
Enjoy Brisbane’s Saturday Fresh Market to Buy Both Fruits and Vegetables
Saturday Fresh Market is an event that takes place every Saturday morning in Brisbane. It features fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers and other products from local farmers, as well as other stalls with food, crafts and more. The Saturday Fresh Market is a Brisbane tradition. It has been happening for over 20 years, and it always has a great range of fresh produce. It provides an opportunity for locals to buy fresh produce at reasonable prices.
- Address: 385 Sherwood Rd, Rocklea QLD 4106, Australia
- Number: +61 7 3915 4277
- Link: https://saturdayfreshmarket.com.au
- Opening Hours: Sat 6 AM-12 PM, closed on Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sun
Join the Eat Street and Indulge in All Sorts of Delectable Food Items
Brisbane is a foodie’s paradise. There are so many restaurants, cafes and eateries that offer delectable food items.
If you are in Brisbane, then join the Eat Street for a foodie experience. There are many food items to choose from, and you can indulge in all sorts of delectable food items. It is an experience worth going over with not just your friends but your family as well.
The Eat Street features various food items ranging all the way from fast food items like burgers to more traditional dishes.
- Address: 221D MacArthur Ave, Hamilton QLD 4007, Australia
- Number: +61 428 485 242
- Link: https://eatstreetnorthshore.com.au
- Opening Hours: Fri and Sat 4 PM-10 PM, Sun 4 PM-9 PM, closed on Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs
A Day of Shopping at Costco Northlakes
In Brisbane, the Northlake Costco is located at the corner of Logan and Beaudesert Roads, approximately 20 minutes from Brisbane Airport.
Costco Northlake is a wholesale warehouse store that offers a one-stop shop for all your grocery needs. They have a wide range of products on offer, from fresh produce to household items and everything in between. With that said, you can purchase all that you need from Costco, whether it’s a bundle of snacks or shoes and such.
The store is open seven days a week and has an impressive range of products on offer. With Costco Northlake, you can get all your shopping done in just one place!
- Address: 17-39 Cook Ct, North Lakes QLD 4509, Australia
- Number: +61 7 3482 8600
- Link: https://www.costco.com.au/store-finder/North%20Lakes
- Opening Hours: Mon-Fri 10 AM-8:30 PM, Sat 9 AM-6:30 PM, Sun 10 AM-6 PM
See A New Blockbuster at The Cinema
The movie experience at Hoyts Cinema is something that you cannot find anywhere else. Not only do they have a great variety of films to choose from, but they also have many other entertainment options, like gaming, food, and drinks.
Hoyts Cinema is a great place to watch a movie. They have a lot of screens, and they are always showing the latest movies. The cinema has been around for more than 50 years now and has allowed people to watch movies in an environment that is both comfortable and enjoyable. It’s located in Brisbane, the capital city of Queensland, Australia.
Hoyts Cinema is one of the most popular cinemas in Brisbane. It has many screens and is always showing the latest movies.
- Located in: Stafford City Shopping Centre
- Address: 400 Stafford Rd, Stafford QLD 4053, Australia
- Phone: +61 7 3339 9710
- Link: https://www.hoyts.com.au
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 9:45 AM-11:45 PM
Try the Best Croissants in The World at Lune Croissanterie
Lune Croissanterie is a cafe in Brisbane that specializes in croissants. The café is located at the heart of New Farm, Brisbane. It’s just a short walk from the Brisbane River and the New Farm Park.
The café has a wide selection of croissants to choose from. They have traditional French croissants and other creative ones such as blue cheese, bacon and egg, or ham and cheese croissant. If you’re looking for an authentic French experience in Brisbane, Lune Croissanterie is the place to be!
- Address: 15 Manning St, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia
- Number: (Not Found)
- Link: https://www.lunecroissanterie.com/
- Opening Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30 AM-3 PM, Sat-Sun 8 AM-3 PM
Delve into a Day of Rock Climbing at Urban Climb
Rock climbing is an adventure sport that everyone can participate in regardless of age and fitness level. It is a great way to challenge your body and get out of the house for some fresh air.
Urban Climb Brisbane is one of Australia’s premier indoor rock-climbing facilities, located in the heart of Brisbane City on Ann Street Mall. With several thousand square meters of indoor climbing terrain and over 30 different routes to choose from, Urban Climb caters to all your climbing needs!
Urban Climb has been designed so that people can try out rock climbing without any extra equipment or experience needed. A qualified instructor will also teach you how to use your hands and feet.
- Address: 2/220 Montague Rd, West End QLD 4101, Australia
- Number: +61 1300 001 203
- Link: https://urbanclimb.com.au
- Opening Hours: Mon-Fri 6 AM-10 PM, Sat-Sun 10 AM-8 PM
Be a Part of the Famous Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers
The Carnival of Flowers is a popular event in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. It is a parade of floats with flowers and other decorations. The event is held annually and attracts thousands of visitors each year. It is one of the most popular events in Toowoomba and has been running for more than 30 years.
Plenty of attractions at the carnival make it a great family day out. One can find food stalls, live entertainment, rides, and games to play. There are also many different flowers available for purchase at the flower market.
- Address: Hume St & Herries St, QLD 4350, Australia
- Number: +61 131 872
- Link: https://tcof.com.au
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sun, Open for 24 Hours
Camp the Whole Day Away at One of the Most Amazing Spots Near Brisbane
Camping is a great way to spend time with the whole family and an excellent way for families to bond. It’s a fun activity that brings people together and creates memories that will last a lifetime.
If you’re looking to camp, an amazing spot includes none other than the Brisbane Holiday Village. It’s a modern park that covers a vast area of more than 33 acres. It acts as a beautiful camping site filled with shade and several fun activities.
The spot includes a large swimming lagoon, an undercover BBQ area, an onsite restaurant and a lot more.
- Address: 10 Holmead Rd, Eight Mile Plains QLD 4113, Australia
- Number: +61 7 3341 6133
- Link: https://www.brisbaneholidayvillage.com.au/
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 7:30 AM-7 PM.
Live the Ultimate Climbing Experience at Story Bridge Adventure Climb
If you want to experience a new adrenaline-filled adventure, then the Story Bridge Adventure Climb is the perfect place. The Story Bridge Adventure Climb will allow you to live your ultimate climbing experience as you get the chance to climb up one of Australia’s most iconic landmarks.
The climb is not just about reaching the top but also about the journey and considering all of the sights along the way.
- Address: 170 Main St, Kangaroo Point QLD 4169, Australia
- Number: +61 7 3188 9070
- Link: https://storybridgeadventureclimb.com.au
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 9:30 AM-11:30 AM, 2:30 PM-7:30 PM
Have Dinner at One of The Best Korean BBQ Joints
If you’re on the lookout for an amazing Korean BBQ Joint, Hanwoori Restaurant is the place to go to! Hanwoori Restaurant is one of the best Korean BBQ buffet restaurants in Brisbane.
The restaurant has a modern interior with clean lines and a simple yet elegant design. It also has an open kitchen so you can see the chefs prepare your food from start to finish. They provide an immaculate table top grilling service. Some of the immaculate items on their menu include the likes of Dubu Kimchi to Nakji Depbap and more!
- Address: 1/70 Mary St in Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 7 3211 5710
- Link: http://www.hanwoori.com.au/
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sun 5:30 PM-10 PM
Bounce All Your Worries Away at Bounce INC
Bounce INC is a Brisbane-based trampoline park and has been the best family entertainment centre in Queensland for over a decade. It is home to the world’s largest indoor trampoline arena, as well as an outdoor playground.
The Bounce INC team are experts in their field, with years of experience in providing the best customer service and quality entertainment for visitors to their centre.
- Address: 40 Enterprise Pl, Tingalpa QLD 4173, Australia
- Number: +61 7 3569 0704
- Link: https://www.bounceinc.com.au
- Opening Hours: Mon-Sat 9 AM-9 PM, Sun 9 AM-6 PM
Have a Blast at Ice Cream Cold Rock
If you are looking for a family-friendly place to spend the day, Brisbane has a lot of options. One of them is Ice Cream Cold Rock.
Ice Cream Cold Rock is located in the heart of Brisbane, so it’s easily accessible to all who live or visit the city.
Their menu consists of various ice cream flavored cakes ranging from It’s Raining M’s to All or Nut-ting. They also serve boxes of chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Address: 7/1378 Gympie Rd, Aspley QLD 4034, Australia
- Number: +61 7 3108 0902
- Link: https://coldrock.com.au
- Opening Hours: Mon-Thurs 11 AM-10 PM, Fri 11 AM-10:30 PM, Sat 10:30 AM-10:30 PM, Sun 10:30 AM-10 PM
Have a Drink and Rejuvenate with Quincy
Quincy is a new bar in Brisbane offering drinks and a rejuvenating experience. The bar is designed to escape the city’s hustle with its dark walls and dim lighting. You can enjoy your drink in peace and quiet or find some company to share it with.
The bar’s menu features Australian wines, beers, and spirits. You can also order a non-alcoholic drink like iced tea or fresh juice.
- Address: 64 Thomas St, Grange QLD 4051, Australia
- Number: +61 7 3151 5090
- Link: https://quincys.com.au/
- Opening Hours: Mon-Tues 7 AM-11:30 AM, Wed 7 AM-9 PM, Thurs-Sat 7 AM-10 PM, Sun 2 PM-7 PM
All in all, Brisbane can be an absolutely beautiful place to visit in terms of the food, the culture and everything in between. Be sure to go over the list when you’re in Brisbane if you wish to incur the experience of a lifetime.