Brisbane is home to several Thai restaurants catering to the cravings of Thai food lovers. If you are in Brisbane and want to devour some Thai dishes, wander no more and give this article a quick read as we have made a list of the 18 best Thai Restaurants you will find in Brisbane.
You May Also Like
Gala Thai Restaurant
Considered one of the highest-rated restaurants in Brisbane, Gala Thai Restaurant has multiple reasons for its claim to fame. Firstly, their staff is very cooperative and attentive and cater to your need.
Secondly, you can find some of the best Thai tastes here as they perfectly season their dishes, and each dish has a distinct taste. You can try their Crispy Pork Belly and Duck Curry, and I assure you won’t leave the place unsatisfied.
- Address: Shop 2/235 Boundary St, West End QLD 4101, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 7 3255 0118
- Link: https://www.galathaiwestend.com.au/
Bringing fresh and authentic Thai flavors to your plates, Boo’s Kitchen boasts a wide variety of dishes with interesting backstories. Like their Wagyu Steak Crying Tiger that comes with an eye-watering spicy sauce. Their signature seafood dish is the Soft-Shell Crab, topped with Shallots and Carrots and served with Yellow Curry.
Boo’s Kitchen offers a homey and cozy vibe as the owner herself is seen chatting with customers quite a few times. Adding to their simplicity, their interior is also quite uncomplicated yet elegant and easy on the eyes.
- Address: Located in Best Western Plus Hotel Diana, Shop 1/12 Annerley Rd, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 426 395 515
- Link: http://www.booskitchen.com.au/
Craving to eat some Thai food without spending a fortune? Head over to Phat Elephant and indulge in their inventive yet authentic Thai food. They have grabbed a huge market as their prices are quite low compared to other eateries.
Some of their delicacies include Pork Belly, Crispy Barramundi with Sweet and Sour Sauce. You also find plenty of gluten-free and Vegetarian options if you are interested. You can also enjoy some drinks with your meals as they serve an exceptional variety of Cocktails.
- Address: Post Office Square, shop 7/215 Adelaide St, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 7 3236 4454
- Link: https://www.phatelephant.net/
A new addition to the Thai chain of restaurants, Phat Boy is grabbing people’s attention by being unlike your traditional boring Thai eateries. If you want to have a fun night out rather than dinner, Phat Boy should be your place to go.
Begin your night with some starters like Crispy School Prawns. For the main course, try their signature dishes like the Kung Tung, which is seafood served fresh onto your table. Phat Boy also has an extensive menu dedicated to beer, cocktails, and wine. Sip some fancy wine with your meal to fully enjoy your experience.
- Address: Level 2, 300 George St, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 7 3003 0281
- Link: https://www.phatboybrisbane.com.au/
Jumbo Thai Restaurant & Bar
Quickly gaining popularity amongst the locals, Jumbo Thai has made quite a name for itself due to their experimental yet traditional approach to Thai food. They offer a note-worthy interior with a mix of modern design and touches of Thai tradition.
For starters, you can try their all-time favorite purple Butterfly Pea Dumpling or some beautifully-presented Crunchy Duck Spring Rolls. Moving on to the mains, make sure to try their Green Curry with Beef Cheeks and the flavor-bombed Jumbo Thai Pad. Finish off your meal with some Banana Fritters.
- Address: Level 1/214 Elizabeth St, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 7 3477 6464
- Link: https://jumbothai.com.au/
Mons Ban Sabai
Dim lights and a decorated interior with green plants all around tempt the customers to fall in love with the ambiance of Mons Ban Sabai. For starters, most people recommend having the Duck-Filled Spring Rolls with a dip of Soy Sauce.
For the main course, give their Massaman Curry with Beef Cheeks a try, as it is one of the most popular dishes. Finish off your delicious meal with their famous Coco Mango Pana Cotta dessert. This modern and luxurious treat does come at a relatively high price, so keep an extra few bucks.
- Address: 12A Martha St, Camp Hill QLD 4152, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 7 3843 5366
- Link: https://monsbansabai.com/
Banana Leaf Thai
Simple, no-frill interior with a decorated wall on the side, Banana Leaf Thai’s main focus has always been food. Each dish they make is crafted with locally-sourced premium-quality ingredients and served fresh to their customers.
Their Tom Yum Prawn Soup is quite famous among the locals. Their Char-grilled pork sandwich is also worth a try. Lastly, you can have Sticky Rice with Coconut Milk or try their Custard Cake with Butterscotch Sauce.
- Address: 4/121 Wellington Rd, East Brisbane QLD 4169, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 7 3392 1006
- Link: https://bananaleafthai.com.au/
Chai Thai is a small and humble restaurant that mainly focuses on takeaways as there are only a few tables lying around in a small space. Since there are no frills and flares, the prices are quite reasonable.
Order some takeaway and try their Coconut Rice alongside their Prawn Soup and enjoy. The taste that Chai Thai offers rivals the fancy restaurants, but at a fraction of the price.
- Address: 148 Merthyr Rd, New Farm QLD 4005, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 448 696 857
- Link: http://www.chaithainewfarm.com.au/
Thai Ways is quite famous for the original and untampered Thai recipes they use to make their dishes. Unlike your regular eateries, Thai Ways have a unique menu featuring several unique dishes.
Some of their special dishes you should try to include Pad Prig Khing and Choo Chee Curry, and pair them with their famous Ginger Beer. Their desserts are also unique as they serve a Deep-Fried Banana Ice-cream and are also known for their Black Sticky Rice with Coconut Milk.
- Address: 346 Sandgate Rd, Albion QLD 4010, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 7 3262 4972
- Link: https://www.thaiwaysrestaurant.com/
Thai Wi-Rat is a 4-star Thai restaurant in the heart of Fortitude Valley famous for its friendly staff. Their interior, despite being decorative, looks surprisingly distinguished and sophisticated.
Thai Wi-Rat offers a wide variety of authentic and flavorful Thai cuisines. Some of the notable dishes include Green Curry (with your preferred meat) and their Koa Mhoo Dang (Pork Gravy with Rice). You can also grab a cold Chang Beer to go with the mains.
- Address: 270-292 Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 7 3257 0884
- Link: https://www.thaiwirat.com/
A complete package of a restaurant that offers a great overall experience. Kinn+ Derm boasts a flashy and vibrant interior with top-quality Thai food. The interior is a major attraction for people as the restaurant’s atmosphere is quite photogenic.
While ordering food, make sure to try their famous dishes like the Crispy Pork Belly and Massaman Beef Curry with Potato. To enjoy your meal to the fullest, pair it with a fine beer from their huge variety of drinks and sip alongside your meal. The beer we recommend is the Cascade Light.
- Address: 1-R63 Westfield Chermside, Cnr Gympie Rd & Hamilton Rd, Chermside QLD 4032
- Phone Number: +61 7 3350 3931
- Link: https://www.kinndermchermside.com.au/
Tarragindi Thai Restaurant
A rather unsung eatery as compared to the other ones on the list, Tarragindi Thai restaurant is unlike your regular restaurant in terms of seating area and ambiance. They have a huge outdoor dining area adequate for big crowds, which is ideally managed by their attentive staff and chefs even during peak hours.
Whenever you find yourself roaming around in the south of Brisbane, make sure to go to Tarragindi Thai Restaurant and try their signature Duck Curry or their Massaman Curries.
- Address: Unit 1/6 Gapap St, Tarragindi QLD 4121, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 7 3848 9940
- Link: https://www.tarragindithai.com.au/
sAme sAme is quite famous among the locals as they serve some of the best Grilled Pork Neck with Rice. Do give their Beef Short Ribs a shot, as these are one of their best-selling dishes.
Calling sAme sAme a place to eat will be an understatement as it is a whole venue to explore. On the ground floor, you will find the restaurant with an amazing atmosphere and a huge variety of dishes. On the floor above, they have a complete bar with a 140-bottle-long wine list and 110 bottles of Tequila.
- Address: Located in The Callie Hotel, Shop AM3 Ada Lane, 46 James St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 7 3188 1418
- Link: https://samesamerestaurant.com.au/
The unique variety and flavorsome dishes featured on Mekhong Wynnum’s menu are becoming an important factor in the rise of their popularity. The staff here is also quite friendly, cooperative, and willing to adjust the dishes according to your preferences.
When you pay Mekhong Wynnum a visit, make sure to try their Prawn Toast as a starter and proceed with their Daddy Kua Beef Curry as a main. Finish off your meal with a Mango Magic Ball, as it is a must-try.
- Address: Shop 2/702 Brunswick Street, New Farm Queensland 4005 Australia
- Phone Number: +61 7 3254 2022
- Link: https://www.mekhong.com.au/
My Thai is an authentic Thai restaurant, and it reflects in every aspect of this restaurant. Their elegant and decorative interior is quite traditional and appealing to look at. They use an exceptional blend of spices and herbs to create the best taste you will possibly find in Brisbane.
Whenever you visit My Thai, ensure that you try their Chicken with Cashews and Jasmine & Coconut Rice with Vegetables & Tofu. You can also try their Ice Cream or their all-time famous Sticky Sweet Rice with Mango to finish things off.
- Address: 113 Haig Rd, Auchenflower QLD 4066, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 7 3217 7277
- Link: https://mythai.com.au/
Thai Street Kitchen Myer Centre
Another example of a not-so-famous shop with quality and taste that can put premium restaurants to shame. Thai Street Kitchen is growing to be popular as they use top-quality fresh ingredients in their dishes to deliver that authentic taste. You can also take away and enjoy Thai Street Kitchen’s food wherever you want
For starters, try their Golden Nuggets or the traditional Thai Fish Cake. You can also choose to buy their Curry Deluxe Box, which you can customize according to your needs. The box includes Curry & Meat choices with Rice, Roti, Curry Puffs, and Spring Rolls.
- Address: Located in Shop 52 Myer Centre, 91 Queen St, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 437 488 886
- Link: https://www.thethaistreetkitchen.com.au/
Siam South Bank Thai Restaurant
Hidden away in a quiet location overlooking some Lily ponds, Siam South Bank is a small Thai restaurant. This eatery is now growing exponentially in popularity due to its authentic taste and its outdoor seating area, which is a peaceful and quiet place that allows a relaxing experience.
Whenever you get a chance to pay Siam South Bank a visit, try their creamy and milky Panang Curry. They also have a wide variety of vegetarian items like Sweet and Sour Stir Fry, which you should not miss out on.
- Address: South Bank Parklands, 4b/15 Tribune St, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 7 3846 0322
- Link: https://www.siamsouthbank.com.au/
Reminiscent of the streets in Thailand, Pochana’s interior is quite funky and colorful. With ample seating space and a huge Thai menu to choose from, Pochana has gained popularity over the past few years. Whenever you are near Brisbane City Hall, make sure to visit this restaurant if you want to experience Thai goodness at its finest.
Order their famous Massaman Curry and enjoy it while sipping on a drink from their extensive beer and wine menu. The one people order the most is a Cold Tiger Beer.
- Address: 163 Elizabeth St Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
- Phone Number: +61 7 3012 8751
- Link: https://www.facebook.com/pochanabrisbane/
Even though there are loads of Thai restaurants in Brisbane, it’s really difficult to choose one due to the vast disparity in price, taste, and ambiance. To make things easy for you, we have picked the 18 best Thai restaurants in Brisbane for you to choose from. With the help of this article, you can narrow down your options and find the best restaurant near you.